From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 8:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: API 650 roof to shell joint

I have been asked to design a small tank (10' dia.) to
meet API 650.  It seems to me that most things are
spelled out for me in the standard but I don't see
where the weld between the roof plate and the angle at
the top of the shell is specified.  My detail is
Detail C of figure F-2.  I see the information
regarding the weld having to not exceed 3/16" for a
frangible design (which I can't meet anyway because of
the area limitation), but I don't see where this weld
is calculated.
Thanks for your assistance
Ken Peoples, P. E.
lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net