Re: 3x Member w/Anchorage Forces in Sub-Diaphragm

You want to use 3x's in the wall anchorage system.  Wherever you anchor,
that is where you want a 3x.  That may mean every other subpurlin in the
first bay, or first two bays, whichever members you chose to include in
the anchorage system.

The use of a 2x6 does not achieve what the code is after.  You want your
connection to remain ductile.  In order to achieve this, you want
"slender" bolts that maintain a minimum (length/diameter) ratio.  In a
typical situation where you have a 3x subpurlin and a 5/8" stud bolt,
your (l/d) is 4.  Use this (l/d) ratio as a minimum throughout your
project.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA