From: Jake Watson [mailto:jwatson(--nospam--at)inconnect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 7:47 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Precast Structure

	We are trying to find a way to building a precast panel (solid walls
with hollow-core decking) in seismic zone 3.  The UBC basically requires
"wet cast joints".  The precaster would like to put hairpins in the end
of each wall with about 2" sticking out.  Then you overlap those
hairpins with another set from another wall and drop and #9 or so
through all of them. Once you have threaded them with the #9, grout the
joint solid.  Does this constitute a "wet" joint?

Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT