Re: engineering books

Roark's ir the type of book you don't use often, yet you are sure happy you have it when you need it.   I have used it for plate design such as vaults and tanks.  However you have to realize the tables published are for steel.  PCI also has a publication on tanks for concrete, but I have compared results and they are not that far off.

I also have used Roark for manhole covers and cylinders and even cables

>>> seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org 06/21/00 01:11PM >>>
I have seen some people mention Roark's Stress and Strain formulas book.  A
typical price around the internet is around $85.00.

Is this book worth it?

If one doesn't like backwards d's and funny s's, what other books do you
structural engineers feel are invaluable?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.

david adie