RE: engineering books

David,

I think Roark's is definitely worth it!  You may not need it very often, but
when you do the information is invaluable.  It is a reference that should be
standard in every engineer's library.

If you don't like "backwards d's and funny s's" then you definitely want
Roark's.  It distills all of the differential equations into "usable"
formulas that you use to "plug and chug".  Although I must say that it is
always advisable to understand the general derivation of any formula that
you use in order to verify the correctness of any results.

William Pulyer PE
Charlotte, NC