RE: Snow Drift Loading.

This may be possible if conditions are right. The trick is to build a new roof over the existing building which closely matches the slope of the roof on the new building. If there is any discontinuity in the planes of the new roof over the existing building and that of the roof over the new building it must be less than the height which will cause a drift to form or any drift that forms must not exceed the load capacity of the new roof over the existing building.

James Allen, P.E.
Homer, AK