Re: Snow Drift Loading.

	Only to an extent will it work.  Snow loading can be a big deal here in
Utah.  If the roof slope is steep enough you can take load reductions.
But as a rule of thumb, this won't eliminate the problem.  At best it
will only lessen it.  If you raise the old roof above your new one, you
won't have any problems.  See the appendix to chapter 16 in the back of
the UBC for general guidelines.  If you are unfamiliar with snow
familiar with the area and snow provisions.  Where are you planning on
building?

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT

One last though, the drifting on the existing building won't have to be
considered if they are far enough apart.  I don't have the provisions if
front of me, so look at the appendix.