Re: Snow Drift Loading.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the original question was trying to
ask if you can reduce your snow drift caused by snow build-up against the
new building's walls (i.e. reduce hd in Fig. A-16-4). It is my opinion
that if you built a sloping roof profile matching the drift surcharge
profile (ie slope=hd/Wd) then the drift surcharge would equal zero. This
is because drifting is caused by wind blowing dry snow around, and the
snow doesn't care if it blows over a roof or existing snow. Hence, there
is no snow build-up.