From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 8:23 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: A992 welding - E70XX low hydrogen?

I have been assuming that the welding electrodes for
the new A992 are to be the same as A572 Gr 50 - E70xx,
low hydrogen but haven't seen it in writing yet.  Can
someone confirm this?  This is probably a stupid
question but I will ask it anyway, when you weld an
A36 plate to an A992 beam, should the low hydrogen
electrodes be used?
Thanks,
Ken Peoples, P. E.