Re: Who wants to be a doctor? to Fountain Conner

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has feathers like a duck, and
lays duck eggs, 'chances are it's a duck.

And I'm *offended* by slave labour.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

P.S.  I'm relieved to have seen an e-mail asserting that RISA is *not*
produced by such labour.

----------
> From: Tomás Matta <tmatta(--nospam--at)puc.cl>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: Who wants to be a doctor? to Fountain Conner
> Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 10:32 PM
>
> The term *slave labour* sound a bit offensive
>
> Tomas Matta

Civil
> > Structural engineer, partly because I went to management and *required*
> > that my people be treated (and paid) as professionals.  Management had,
> and
> > probably still does, the "Landlord/serf" mentality.
> >
> > I had previously had the opportunity and rare priviledge of working
with
> > (note, not for) a *real* company.  I have discovered that there aren't
too
> > many of those.
> >
> > If you insist, I'll give names and dates.  I have *no* problem pointing
> out
> > those who get rich from slave labour.
> >
> > Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
> > Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
> >    Phone 850-932-5547
> >    Fax      850-934-1916
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
> > > To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> > > Subject: Re: Who wants to be a doctor?
> > > Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 7:00 AM
> > >
> > > My guess would be that this is so.
> > >
> > > The reason is "biggest bang for the buck", i.e. a satisfactory blend
of
> > "quality" and "cost effectiveness".
> > pounding out C++ with the best of 'em at an equivalent rate of about
US$8