Evaluation of salvaged steel joists

Bruce Pooley wrote:

>>I talked with my client and he informs me that he has tried to work  with
two other engineers and that both of them would not use the joists. I  think
the handwriting is on the wall!<<

The client that you *don't* want!  I would say that all the "client" wants is
to build something in the *cheapest* manner possible using salvaged material,
and have *someone else* take responsibility for everything that is in the
structure.

I would suddenly become "too busy" with other projects to handle this
problem's project.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona