RE: Na Near-Source Question

The requirements for simplified analysis are intended for calculating the
base shear for the building as whole. Individual elements designed per other
code requirements do not get the benefits of simplified method provisions,
regardless of which method you use for calculating the base shear. In other
words, IMHO, for diaphragm anchorage Na= 1.5.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA