From: Fountain Conner [mailto:fconner(--nospam--at)pcola.gulf.net]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 3:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Average Salary by Experience

"The more things change, the more things stay the same."

Nearly 6 years out of school, and after obtaining my license, I discovered
that an engineer 2 1/2 years out of school (and reporting to me) was making
more money than I.  I'd been with the company nearly 4 years, and my modest
salary increases had not kept pace with the "law of supply and demand".

I joined a new company about 3 months later.

Now, over 30 years later, I'm self-employed and rarely get a salary
increase.  In many markets, a new graduate can command more than I make.
But I am not eager to return to the "large engineering company"
environment.  I like my clients too much.  I like the kind of work that I
do.  And I *don't* have to go to all those meetings.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

> From: Shafat Qazi <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org