From: Stuart Lewis [mailto:SLewis(--nospam--at)www2.alpeng.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 6:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Ceiling Fire Protection

There is an assembly known as FR-SYSTEM 2 that has a 2-hr rating for a
ceiling supported by wood trusses at 24 inch spacing, and a logical
extension would be to permit application to wood joists.  This assembly
requires at least a 1.5 inch deep shield member below the truss, with the
minimum depth of the truss and shield member being 16 inches deep, 2 layers
of 5/8 inch Type X gypsum directly attached to the trusses, and proprietary
steel channel sets blocking the gypsum joints not directly under the
trusses.  See Report No. NER-392 for more details (available from ICBO or
BOCA web sites or e-mail me privately at slewis(--nospam--at)www2.alpeng.com).

Original message posted 6/12:
28                               Message:0028                           28