Fire Protection

Hello,

We have a building which is required to be Type II construction per the Standard
Building Code.  This requires the structural members to have fire ratings from 2
to 4 hours depending on the member. I have not done a building that requires
Fire Protection at this level.   My questions are:

Who's responsibility is the Fire Protection?  Ours, the Architect's or both of
us.

Are there any good references out there on this subject?

I understand that there are prorated assemblies for fire rating.  Is this
published by the Underwriter's Laboratory (UL)?

Thanks,

Mike