Re: Steel Bridge Framing Question

Actually, we do have two units.  One of them is a four span continuous unit, and the other one is a single span trapezoidal thing that is a nightmare unto itself.  That's five spans total with four integral cross-beams.  There's got to be a joint somewhere.  The simple/trapezodial span will be framing into an existing bridge.

I'm not sure you would want to look at a picture of it.  I've got a picture of it and I don't  particularly like looking at it.

For the 4-span unit...

FYI span lengths are 105-136.5-136.5-105.
Radius of Curvature is 899.5 ft at the centerline
9 girders spaced at 8'-9" = 70'

>>> Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net> 06/26 4:15 PM >>>
What have you got, two continuous units?

My first question would be "are you SURE you have to have the joint? Can you not make it a four span unit?"

I can think of reasons why not, but I don't have the whole picture.