RE: Steel Roof Deck Attachment Question

Charlie,

I think that I've got the idea, and I believe that you intended to say that
you don't need a roof diaphragm as opposed to roof membrane.  Correct me if
I'm wrong.

If that is the case, screw connectors can be used.  The dilemma is that you
can't screw through a greater thickness material into a smaller thickness
material.  You could screw strips of gage metal material equal to the deck
gage to the flanges of the WF shape into the area of the high points of the
deck flutes.  You could then screw the gage metal strip to the deck flutes
at the deck low points.  That way you would not run screws through the top
of the deck.  I don't know how you would calculate diaphragm, but if I am
correct the diaphragm is not an issue.

Hmmm.  Steel structure in a mountain... Sounds like the standard suburban
strip shopping mall for survivalists. (humor intended)

Regards,
Harold Sprague