ETABS

Jake,

The vertical shear in a "C" section is going to be equal to the shear
parallel to the web.

The shears in the flanges will be equal and opposite to counteract the moment
due to eccentricity of the shear force from the centroid of the section.

                |   ___
                |   |
                V   |

                    |__

Each flange shear force is equal to:

               V(flg) = V(e - xbar)/d

where e = eccentricity of shear force from centroid
      d = center to center distance of flanges
      xbar = centroid of "C" section from center of web

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jake Watson wrote:

>>Does anyone know how to get vertical shear out of an element in ETABS?
We have several "C" shaped walls and need to calculate the shear flow
between elements.  I am unable to find any way of drawing a free body
that will reduce it down to one variable that can be solved for.<<