RE: cored concrete beams

Tony,

I agree with Paul.  With my limited knowledge of your particular
application, I think that carbon fiber reinforced polymers might be worth
considering for your repair.  I have just finished using this material for
reinforcement of an existing concrete slab and beam floor to accomodate
additional live loading.  It was quick and easy to install and was very
non-invasive when compared to adding steel beam reinforcing.

For more help, contact Karl Gillette (karl(--nospam--at)edgest.com) at Edge Structural
Composites at 501-233-8654.  You can also get more info from their website
at www.edgest.com.

William Pulyer PE
Charlotte, NC