Joist Girder Connections to Tubes

Hello

I have a project where, due to the schedule, it is desired to use TS10 x 10 x
5/16 columns.  The problem is that I have joist girders that I am using for
frame action and therefore will have a concentrated load at my ?stabilizer
plate?.  After performing the calc?s for the tube from the black book (Hollow
Structural Sections manual) the tube walls are not thick enough for my
concentrated load using a vertical plate (to get it to work would require a 26"
plate).  Has anyone else ran into this problem?  What other methods are there
for connecting the bottom chord?  Last, is there any concern for the joist
girder bottom chord for using an angle or plate horizontally instead of
vertically (I am going to call Vulcraft on this)?

Mike