Steel Connections

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] Need some response to this one. Have a engineer wanting to use reactions based on allowable load tables in steel book. I want to show the actual reactions on the documents and have done so in past employment. Is the company being unreasonable in making me adhere to this policy.

My argument is the following:
1. Short beams result in high reactions that are in excess of what is practical.
2. Fabricators like the actual reaction loads on the beams.
3. I feel we are doing the client a disservice by making the fabricator follow the load tables in the steel book. Since this would mean coping and adding plates to alot of 8 and 10 inch short span beams.

Am I off base on this one?

James