RE: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?
- From: "Huang, Y. Henry" <HHUANG(--nospam--at)dpw.co.la.ca.us>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:20:37 -0700
For A992, Fye=1.1*50 (ksi)=55 ksi, based on section 6.2 of the 1997 AISC Seismic provisions.
Y. Henry Huang, Los Angeles
From: Ritter, Mike [mailto:mritter(--nospam--at)lgt.lg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 1:24 PM
To: SEAOC List Server (E-mail)
Cc: Campbell, Steve G. (Oak Ridge); Barclay, George; Bowling, Kevin;
Subject: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?
We are working on a steel building design, and the code (BOCA-99) has
directed us to use the AISC Seismic Provisions, Part 1 and 3. However,
it looks like we're getting re-directed into something that looks like,
well, like LRFD. Anyway, for the moment connection design we now need
to the "expected yield strength" of the steel. We are specifying ASTM
A992 (Fy= 50 ksi). Does anybody have the answer? Is this supposed to
be case by case or can we just say we "expect" it to be around XXX Ksi?
Do we need to do something, and then verify it with mill test results?
Thanks for the help, Mike
Michael D. Ritter, PE
Senior Structural Engineer
Lockwood Greene Technologies
1201 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
(865) 220-4310 (fax)
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: Re: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?
- Next by Subject: RE: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?
- Previous by thread: Re: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?
- Next by thread: RE: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?