Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Firewall construction

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Do you have any names of the manufacturers of melt off anchors?


Mark Gilligan


The 2 general types of fire resistant walls are fire walls and area
separation walls.  In the IBC, area separation walls are a subset of fire

There are manufacturers of melt off anchors that can accommodate an
attachment to a single wall.  I have generally designed and detailed the
walls and structures to avoid melt off anchors.  In low seismic zones, a
single interior fire wall can be designed to cantilever from the
In high seismic areas the differential structural movement can be a
significant problem that tends to force you into 2 walls.

Harold Sprague<<<<