Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

taping plumb-bob?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
We have a need to measure (field locate) a lot of
piping and ducts that are hung from the roof of an
industrial building.  I don't need to be terribly
accurate - just to within an inch or so.  In
considering how to do this, I thought that it would be
nice to be able to drop a plumb-bob (no matter now I
write that I don't think the spelling is correct) down
from a lift and be able to measure the vertical
distance to the floor (actually from the plumb bob
string?) without having to use a flimsy tape.  Has
anyone seen something like I am describing?  I guess
it could be digital.  I could use a cloth tape and
attach a plumb-bob to it somehow but that doesn't
appeal to me as much as having something that is
actually made for the situation.  Any ideas? (using a
survey instrument is not really feasible where this is
located because of a lot of fork truck traffic)
Thanks for your thoughts,
Ken Peoples, P.E.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!