RE: Again on the HSS black book[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Again on the HSS black book
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:59:31 -0500
>Is anyone aware of an Errata for the black book?
None published to date, but I will be putting one together to include the error you pointed out below.
>Table 4.9 is in error for the minimum wall thickness of
>round HSS. The values(i.e. 10.3/Fy) move down 1 row,
>therefore, 10.3/Fy is for 5/16" plate instead of 1/4".
>Therefore, is the value for 1/4" now 7.7/Fy?
You are correct on both accounts. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
- Prev by Subject: Again on the HSS black book
- Next by Subject: AISC Code of Standard Practice
- Previous by thread: Conc. Frame w/Arched Beam
- Next by thread: ARPA