Re: Steel Connections

We are rapidly adopting the approach of showing beam reactions.  The reactions
are already part of the calculations, and their inclusion on the drawings
speeds shop drawing review when faced with questionable connection details.

AISC's 2000 Code of Standard Practice covers this topic well.  It can be
downloaded from their web site, and is in .pdf format.