Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: taping plumb-bob?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Don't Hilti make digital measuring devices which should do the trick? Here
in the UK they have two items one a PD10 Laser Range Meter and the other
PM10 Multi Direction Laser. One of these should work.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Ken Peoples [SMTP:lvtakp(--nospam--at)]
> Sent:	Thursday, June 29, 2000 2:20 PM
> To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject:	taping plumb-bob?
> We have a need to measure (field locate) a lot of
> piping and ducts that are hung from the roof of an
> industrial building.  I don't need to be terribly
> accurate - just to within an inch or so.  In
> considering how to do this, I thought that it would be
> nice to be able to drop a plumb-bob (no matter now I
> write that I don't think the spelling is correct) down
> from a lift and be able to measure the vertical
> distance to the floor (actually from the plumb bob
> string?) without having to use a flimsy tape.  Has
> anyone seen something like I am describing?  I guess
> it could be digital.  I could use a cloth tape and
> attach a plumb-bob to it somehow but that doesn't
> appeal to me as much as having something that is
> actually made for the situation.  Any ideas? (using a
> survey instrument is not really feasible where this is
> located because of a lot of fork truck traffic)
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Ken Peoples, P.E.
> lvta(--nospam--at)
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!