RE: engineering books

Roark's book includes tables of reactions for rigid frames (for when I want
a quick answer without doing a full computer model), arches, curved beams,
torsion, flat plates (rectangular and circular, cylinders/shells, etc. While
it also includes basic beam formulas, it is most beneficial for
"non-typical" designs. I don't use it every day, but when I have a unique
design case, it often provides a solution where other references fail. For
me, it is an essential reference. (I also have a book entitled "Stress and
Strain Data Handbook" by Hsu. It also has tables with similar conditions,
although I haven't used it as much as Roark.)