RE: Joist Girder Connections to Tubes

FYI,
I just called the Ann Arbor office for info on bolt. The 20M (3/4" dia.) fastener, which lists a 8,992 shear capacity into the face of a HSS5x5x1/4, costs $11.75 per bolt! ......compare this to the $1.00 you'll spend on conventional A325's and it's clear this is for special applications only.
Jim T

>>> MKnight(--nospam--at)Lindapter.com 06/28/00 02:35AM >>>
If your connecting to the face of a structural tube there is a product
called a Hollo-Bolt available for Lindapter NA in Ann Arbor. It is basically
a steel anchor which fits inside a hole drilled into the tube face. You can
fasten from the outside face with a couple of wrenches. More info is
available on http://www.lindapter.com