RE: Expected Yield Strength of Steel?

Friends,

Just for fun, I spoke with a buddy who runs a local steel shop and asked
him to pull some mill tests for me.  Here's what he found:

For a group of W14x34's - Fy range was from 53.6 to 55.8 ksi and Fu
range was from 66 to 70 ksi
For a group of W21x50's - Fy range was from 57.8 to 58 ksi and Fu went
as high as 75.7 ksi

I guess this shows that somebody knows what they're doing with the code
values!

Thanks,  Mike