Re: Pinned connection for pipes

Bill,
The structure is a cantilever pipe that support a
heavy object and is connected to that column at the
middle of the height. The column is supposed to be
supported by two pin connection at the top and the
bottom. I want to avoid large moments on the
foundation to keep it's dimension small. So I prefer
to have a real pin connection (of course practically,
not theoretically) at the base.
Thanks,
Frank