Re: Perforated Shear Wall Approach

The Matsumoto/Sugiyama research and corresponding APA Research Report
(157?) consider multiple openings in the derivation of effective equivalent
shear capacities for perforated shearwalls.  The theory is based upon
vierendial truss frame mechanics, where frame rigidity is created by the
composite interaction of single-face built-up plywood beams and plywood
gussets.   I will send an exhibit to you later this afternoon.

"Gina Gobo" <GoboGT(--nospam--at)c-b.com> on 06/29/2000 03:59:13 PM