From: Gina Gobo [mailto:GoboGT(--nospam--at)c-b.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 5:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Perforated Shear Wall Approach

Is the perforated shear wall approach permited to be used on walls with more
than one opening? I have a wall that is 32ft long with three window
openings. There are four full height wall piers, two of which are not being
utilized because the allowable height to width ratio is exceeded. What I
would like to do is consider the wall as a whole using the perforated
shearwall approach. However, all of the documentation that I have is for
walls with only one opening. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
multiple wall openings can be analyzed without using the segmented shear
wall approach?