Re: Wood Exposed for 5 Months During Construction

>Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks again.
5. Run away! Run away!

You might want to give this whole project some serious thought. Minnesota
is going through moisture entrapment problems big timein newer homes
(expensive homes) which are apparently aggravated by newer 'engineered'
materials and the tighter construction combined with labor trained using
actual wood. There are numerous horror stories of serious structural
damage sustained, the biggest I can recollect was a $550k house with
mushrooms growing out of the walls. The repair bill was estimated at
$400k. There's an article at
<http://www.startribune.com/stOnLine/cgi-bin/article?thisSlug=BILD18&date=1
8-Jun-2000&word=moisture&word=damaged&word=damage> According to St. Paul
microbiologist McGregor Pearce, "We're building self-composting houses."

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw