RE: Hilti X-HVB Shear Connectors

Referencing the AISC LRFD Specifications, Section I5, "Shear connectors
shall be headed steel studs .... or hot rolled steel channels...."  Section
I6, "When composite construction does not conform to the requirements of
Section I1 through Section I5, the strength of shear connectors and details
of construction shall be established by a suitable test program."

Brian K. Smith, P.E.