Definition of A sub B in Rho evaluation

I do not intend to steal the show from our beloved president but I need a
clarification of the word ?all.?

Here is my predicament: Let say there is a one-story simple building 40?x40?
with 2 feet roof overhang on four sides.  The question is how to calculate
AB for Rho evaluation.
AB = 40x40 = 1600 or AB = 44x44 = 1936.

The Code definition of AB is ?ground floor area ? to include area covered by
all overhangs ??  Does ?all overhangs? include roof overhangs?  And what
about if my building becomes a two, three, four or five-story structure with
roof over the top floor. Is AB 1600 or 1936?  This Rho business is a
nightmare, more questions to come.