RE: Occupancy Category

The category is based on the occupancy classification, use or occupant load
of the building. You need to ask the architect if the building is going to
be classified as A2.1 or higher class. Based on the square footage, it may
well be in that class, hence a category 3 structure. The simplified
procedure is only applicable to categories 4 and 5.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA