Re: Seismic study recommendations for Structural II exam

Albert,

One suggestion that I would make is to get the NCEES "study guide"/sample
problem book.  I believe many people will disagree with me on this.  I
believe that problems have changed in "style" so the problems themself are
not that valuable.  However, what I found very useful was the explaination
of how to solve the problem and how the problems are graded.  This gives
insight into what a "grader" might be thinking and can help you provide
answers in the "right" way.

I am tired and have to get up early...so I will think on anything that
might be a good study guide.  Unfortunately, I am not that a good of a
source because I don't believe in studying too much for exams.  Prior to
taking the exam the second time (both AM and PM) I did read through the
material sections (concrete, steel, etc) of the BOCA code.  I also spend a
little time looking over the AISC seismic provisions (the older version)
since BOCA essentially references them.  I lucked out...the PM problem on
attempt #2 was a steel problem with braces.

Hope this helps some.  If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE