Re: FM 1-90?

Scott:
The Factory Mutual Approval Guide (2000 edition) lists the roofing installation
requirements for Class 1 (fire and wind uplift rated) roofing systems. Class 90
roofing system is rated for 90 psf uplift (LF = 2, so ultimate or proof test
would have been 180 psf). Each roofing manufacturer has FMRC approved specs,
depending on roofing materials and fasteners. The fastener schedule is based on
withdrawal tests performed by FMRC. You didn't specify what the roof deck
consists of, but that is a factor also.  And there are zones around the
perimeter of the roof which have higher uplift requirement.

Contact FMRC for details; they are located in Norwood, MA (southeast of Boston).

John Rose/APA, Tacoma, WA