RE: Circular Tanks

Melissa,

The governing criteria for this type of design is contained in the ACI 350.
However, ACI 350 is in a state of transition in which the methodology for
impulsive and convective fluid force is changing to a method similar to that
contained in AWWA D100.  My sources on the committee believe that the new
ACI 350 should be approved in late summer.

If you don't have it, you also need a copy of "Circular Concrete Tanks
Without Prestressing", by the PCA.  I am presuming that it is not
prestressed.

Regards,
Harold Sprague