RE: Circular Tanks

I would recommend getting a copy of "TID-7024", Chapter 26 on "Dynamic
Pressure on Fluid Containers", National Technical Information Service,(based
on the Housner method) and of AWWA D110. (If you don't have a site specific
response spectrum, develop a spectrum based on UBC to use with TID-7024.) I
believe that some coefficients in some formulas for convective weights have
been revised a little - I believe that the coefficients shown in AWWA D110
are the corrected values.

ACI 350 is developing ACI 350.3, "Standard Practice for the Seismic Design
of Liquid Containing Concrete Structures" but the approval process has
suffered some delays and I suspect it won't be published until after the
fall ACI convention.