Re: Circular Tanks

I suggest that whatever you determine for seismic forces for liquids,
that you factor this down by perhaps half, due to the semi-solid nature
of sludge. The tanks I have supervised cleaning out were so solid we had
to use a backhoe to excavate the sludge! Thus "sloshing" of the contents
was never likely.

Stan Scholl, P. E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!