RE: Tubular Steel Structures

Harry,

The main references I have used for the design of conveyor galeries are:
"Tubular Steel Structures" by Troitsky
"Structural Analysis of Shells" by Baker, Kovalevsky and Rish
"Structural Mechanics: The Behavior of Plates and Shells" by Vinson
"Stresses in Large Cylindrical Pressure Vesses on Two Saddle Supports" by
Zick
"Buckling Strength of Circular Tubes" by Schilling
and of course this is one topic where Roark's is very useful.

William N. Pulyer PE
Charlotte, NC