RE: Tubular Steel Structures

Harry,

The references below are good.

Also look at Structural Engineering by Wang  ( I think)
 Chapter 11 Steel Structures by Clarence Miller

There are some up to date buckling values and stiffening for shells that can
be useful.

Ron Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
Birmingham, Alabama  USA
Phone: 205.823.4784
FAX: 205.823.4145
Email: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
Efax: 509.275.8095
http:\\www.hillce.com

Harry,

The main references I have used for the design of conveyor galeries are:
"Tubular Steel Structures" by Troitsky
"Structural Analysis of Shells" by Baker, Kovalevsky and Rish
"Structural Mechanics: The Behavior of Plates and Shells" by Vinson
"Stresses in Large Cylindrical Pressure Vesses on Two Saddle Supports" by
Zick
"Buckling Strength of Circular Tubes" by Schilling
and of course this is one topic where Roark's is very useful.

William N. Pulyer PE
Charlotte, NC