RE: Combined Vertical Steel Tank Foundation

Ed,

You will not find the combined arrangements of tanks in the references you
quoted.

Depending on the soil conditions, I assume that you will use a rigid soil vs
beam on elastic foundation.

I have had good results with the 1' strip method. Determine the soil
pressure under the mat due to various loading conditions and analyze as a 1'
wide beam with the soil loading as beam loads  and the supports located at
the tank skirts.

I have found that contractors like to place the rebar in rect. pattern so
stay away from the radial pattern normally shown for tank foundations.

Ron Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
Birmingham, Alabama  USA
Phone: 205.823.4784