From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 11:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: UL numbers for mechanical deck attachment

Greetings,

Does anyone know if UL has updated systems that include the attachment
of
metal deck (both roof and floor) with mechanical attachments (either
screws or air-actuated)?  We have a client that does not allow the use
of
puddle welds, but instead requires either screws or air-actuated.  This
presents a problem with UL numbers since all the UL tests (at least in
the
1997 version) were run with puddle welds.

Thanks,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE