RE: ...no subject...

I couldn't find the wording you quote in the Ninth Edition but I am
surprised that AISC would say that slip critical connections are not
normally used for wind connections. For wind bracing I would use slip
critical connections for the reasons given in Scott Maxwell's response: with
load reversal, non-slip critical bolts could slip back and forth and cause
disturbing noises to the occupants.