RE: Metric Steel Shapes

Mark

I am more than aware that pound can be force and also mass.
However, if you refer to the "Dimensions and Properties" section in
the either the AISC ASD or LRFD manuals, it states for all shapes,
that the profile of a section is given by the nominal depth and
weight.

I do not need to look at metric sizes from the USA or Great Britian
to see the obvious, I went through this process in the '70's in
Australia when the steel shapes were hard converted to metric.

I also did not assume there was a difference between the metric or
"imperial" section, if you re-check the thread, I offered a reasonably
simple conversion method.

Anyway.....different points of view and approaches is what makes
engineering....engineering. We are, after all,supposive lateral
thinkers, and "There is more than one way to skin a cat"

Peter McCormack