Re: sidesway web buckling - AISC 9th edition K1.5

Generally speaking, I would NOT consider that the "stub" column braces the top
flange of the GIRDER against lateral-torsional buckling.

BTW, why can you not consider the beams framing into the 24" deep girder as
providing bracing? Are they themselves not braced back properly?