Re: Horizontal Shear distribution

Paul,

For a manual distribution procedure, I like to use the Portland Cement
Association Engineering Bulletin, "Analysis and Design of Small Reinforced
Concrete Buildings for Earthquake Forces".  It was published in 1974 (oh my,
how time has flown) and see that it is no longer listed in the PCA catalog.
However, another publication, "Design of Low-Rise Concrete Buildings for
Earthquake Forces", 2nd edition is listed (1998); item number EB004.

You can order it from the PCA website: www.portcement.org .

I think I'll order one too.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer